Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sloppy Joe's, Extra sh-loppy!



Keto Sloppy Joe's with some wilted spinach mixed in. I sort of made up this recipe as I went. I roughly used the following:

1 lb Ground beef
1 T butter
1/2 Sweet onion
3 Cloves garlic
1 T Erythritol
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c Tomato sauce
2 c Fresh spinach
Salt, pepper, paprika added to taste

Over medium heat in a medium sauce pan melt butter. Add onion, stirring occasionally until translucent. Add garlic. Once the garlic has cooked a bit and the onion is translucent and brown add in the ground beef, breaking up the beef as it cooks. When half browned sprinkle in spices, add tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce stir thoroughly, add spinach ON TOP ONLY, DO NOT STIR. Cover with lid and let spinach wilt for a few minutes. After spinach has wilted, stir in and add more seasoning if needed.

I also baked some bread for the Joe's to go in.
Almond butter bread, gluten and grain free. (Eventually I want to invest in a muffin-top pan so I can make this into buns.) I used this recipe.


As a snack, I made some almond saltines from this recipe.
Enough food for the entire week!

No comments:

Post a Comment