Monday, December 3, 2012

Keto hot cocoa

I'm obsessed with this hot cocoa recipe I found on reddit, I tweaked it a bit.

1 t coconut oil
1 t erythritol (or sugar/sugar substitute)
1-2 t unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c almond milk (almond/coconut milk, or coconut milk, or regular milk)
optional dash of ground clove and cinnamon
optional 1 T heavy cream

In a small saucepan over medium-low heat add coconut oil, let it melt, add erythritol (or sugar/sugar substitute) whisk it into the oil, whisk in unsweetened cocoa (I use Trader Joe's), then add a dash of clove and cinnamon spice and whisk quickly until blended so the cocoa doesn't burn. Slowly add the almond/coconut milk while stirring with whisk until heated. (I sometimes add a T of heavy cream for a creamy flavour.)

Mmm fresh hot cocoa!!

2 comments:

  1. Trying this now. I'll let you know how it goes over. My dash of spices was a bit "heavy"...oops. I can do anything by willpower now, but not my kids. Nope, they are super extreme PICKY tastebud kids. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, 1 out of 3...drank it all. They require more sweetener. I guess I'll have to play with it and tweak.

    ReplyDelete